Nov 29, 2008

Birth Story


Sorry for not having any pictures.

Cause I kept exchanging phone with Gordan during my time in hospital, cause can't charge there ma...

  • 0730hrs - Reached K.K hospital do admission.
  • 0815hrs - Brought to ward (Op scheduled at 230pm)
  • 0945hrs - Asked Gordan go to his car and nap first. Took out my puzzle book and started doing.
  • 143ohrs - Nurse came to bring me to operating theatre. Msg Gordan asked him to come up.
  • 1450hrs - Was put on drip.
  • 1500hrs - Given epidural. Waited for body numb then op started.
  • 1515hrs - Feel nauseous, doctor inject medication.
  • 1525hrs - Still complaining about nausea, doctor gave mask to breathe.
  • 1537hrs - Baby Tyler born!


I'm having a phobia about epidural c-section liao lor. Its so scary!! And I kinda suspect I got claustophobia too. (means fear of being in enclosed space.) Cause during the op, there will be this cloth infont of me, to block me from seeing what's happening. Then I feel so suffocated, and I realise I'm gonna have a panic attack liao, so I keep trying to calm myself down. It feels like I'm dying lor!!! That's so scary right?


Then there's the side effects of epidural. Like shivering like crazy, nausea, itchiness.. I kena all lor!!! And the best part was, I even had gastric pains during the op la!! It made me almost rip off the cloth stand infront of me lah!


If I'm having another one, I'm totally going to go for fully asleep de liao. Don't want to go through this again lor!!!


Recovery was ok, and much better than my first one. I got up to walk on the 3rd day. Didn't start sooner, cause the urine bag still haven't remove then very uncomfortable. Very ma fan to walk around carrying the urine bag too.. And like very paiseh lor, walking around showing people how much you urine meh??


I started pumping my milk on the 3rd day too, but no milk yet lah. Had to pump every 2-3 hrs and Gordan's mum also cook the papaya soup for me. Finally milk came in on the 4th day, before I discharged. I wonder is it the pumping that works or the soup??


The hospital stay was good!!!! Their food,service and basically everything improved!! Last time their meals, the soup taste like water, the rice is hard and dry... Totally no appetite to eat their stuff. And their nurses is so friendly and professional lah.. Although there are a lot of medical students too.


And because I'm under subsidised class, so basically everything is paid by medisave. So no need to fork out so much cash. Yeah!!!










Hmmm..... finally finish my delivery story liao, wonder how will Su wen de be????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!! Subject to my approval!