Jan 28, 2009

Had a chat with my fren today. And something she said made me started thinking.


In a relationship, after a long time, we discover more and more things about our partner. And we tend to discover things that they don't like about us too. So its like we'll need to change to be the good wife to them. But then, it wont be who you are, but someone that other people would like. Having to cater to other people's like and dislike, but not being true to our own nature.


I feel that sometimes the change is needed. Like when you have your own kids, you have to change your lifestyle, your character for them. No more everyday clubbing, heading out as and when you please, have to be more patient......


But when it comes to relationships, if we ask the other party to change, there comes the question, "Why should you change me when it's me you fall in love with?"


Through every chapter in life, we grow. More matured, more experience. And that mold us into who we are today. But do you like who you are now??


I don't like to cater to other's people thinking. Because I don't find anything wrong with being myself. Even more I hate people who acts differently when they are with different groups of people. Or that should be what they say, hypocrite.


But its not easy to be yourself. Because not everyone may like who you are. And even if you don't mind, there will always be pressure coming from your spouse, family or friends.


I'm having a lot of quarrels with Gordan lately. And all that is making me have second thoughts about our relationship. I almost left him that day. Walking out, i suddenly felt that I can't leave because I still love him a lot. But being in the relationship, its really taking a toll on me. Plus I have to take care of baby, and may be going back to work soon, my stress level is at a all time high.


There are a lot of things I wanted him to change. Its because I feel that the changes are to mold him to be a good father and husband. However, the changes are not what he had wanted. And that made me think, was I wrong to ask of that? Am I selfish?


Or maybe I should just bear everything, even if it makes me unhappy, as long as people around me are happy?


I really feel like I'm gonna break down any time soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!! Subject to my approval!