Jan 6, 2010

Discipline and Kids


Late dinner at Fish & Co



 

And this was the only food picture that was taken by Gordan. Cause I had to entertain Tyler, have food war with him, and still keeping myself sane. There are just so many times where he shouts so loud that thoughts comes into my mind that people sitting nearby are thinking that, "Such a spoilt kid...". Because I have thought this way too, when I see a kid behaving badly outside too. *Guilty*


But well, I try not to beat him outside, cause well, kids have their pride too, and of course those shock look that people will have when they see. But I have my limits too, so when he's over it then there goes a *smack* and crying follows on.


Before you feel like telling me not to use the tough discipline on him, let me make myself clear that I firmly believe that discipline is very important from young. I've seen too many kids nowadays who just don't give any respect to anyone, including their parents. Because sometimes talking is pointless. Just like when we were young, we won't listen to what our parents got to say, because its simply bullshit to us. And usually its the caning that makes us learn our lesson. 


Don't ever tell me he is too young too, cause mummies out there, I think if you have been taking care of your child, you would have know whether he did things on purpose or what.



Of course I don't mean that I beat him for every single thing that he does. But when he doesn't listens, he's throwing temper, doing something dangerous and etc.. Other than those times when I'm fierce to him, usually I try to give him as much hugs, kisses and fun playtimes. And well, he still love me a lot, haha.. 


Speaking of Tyler, here's a cute picture of him, being blur cause he just woke up from his nap...

 


Just brought him to his 1st hairdresser experience! Previously his hair was cut by either me or my aunt, and although she's a hairdresser, but cutting your hair at the corridor isn't really a very professional experience. Anyway, he got a nice cool haircut today, and I got my hair trimmed!! Pictures will be updated again alright??


So back to the discipline part, read an article today and it actually says that Caning for children 2-6 years old actually helps them to become better in life. But then, don't ever think about caning your child when he or she is 12 years old and above, because it will only make them rebel even more.


Before everyone starts to anyhow cane their child, let me just further explain.


Of course you don't anyhow, you feel like it then you cane. But give your child a chance to explain himself. Unless he really did it on purpose or its sometimes bad then you give him the punishment.


And caning is best on the buttocks, cause of the huge amount of flesh so as to ensure you don't harm your child. And its also the best place to conceal any cane marks.


I ever was caned by my dad till my whole body was cane marks, and I can tell you, its damn embarrassing heading to school like that.


By the way, I'm not telling you you have to cane your child, but this is just a side note for parents who believe in NOT sparing the rod and spoil the child. Its also not definite that by sparing the rod you'll spoil the child. Individual people have their own beliefs, so if you feel that the cane-free method is better, then feel free to use it. Don't have to care about people's reactions cause eventually its your own child.


Just realize that I have to get a cane or ruler soon, cause I've always been smacking Tyler with my hands, which the article actually say we shouldn't do that cause hands are use to give them love and hugs. 


Sounds bad, but then, have a good discipline on them before 12 years old and you have LESSER to worry when they are 12 years old and older.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!! Subject to my approval!