Dec 31, 2009

Food Talk


Everyone has their favourite food. Mine is CHICKEN RICE!!


When I was staying in Eunos previously, I could practically eat chicken rice for 3 meals a day, 7 days a week!! The chicken rice stall is good over there, but nowadays kinda feel that their standard drop a little. Now staying at Gordan's place, there's also some stalls selling chicken rice here.


One is at the coffeeshop below my place, but I don't really like it cause it doesn't have the Hainanese Chicken taste, only taste like normal steam chicken.


Another one is at the market, quite famous, which Gordan told me so. But after so many times of having it, sad to say, it still doesn't live up to my standard.


For a plate of chicken rice to taste good, the rice must be fragrant, a bit sticky, the chicken must be tender and juicy, the chilli must be good too, and even the soup have to be nice. Which nowadays those chicken rice stalls that I have eaten, its always either only rice is good or chicken is good or chilli is good. Can't find one that has all the components in it.


Even the famous Wen Dong Ji, I find it a bit turn off by the jelly bits in their chicken.


There's a lot of food show nowadays, telling us where food is nice. But usually when I go to those stalls that hang those signs or are very famous, it usually disappoints me. Maybe my tastebuds are different from the majority of people out there ba..


Went to a wedding dinner tonight with Tyler. Venue was at Raffles Hotel and early in the day I went to Bedok Interchange to post the parcels and do my atm card.


Look of the day



Thinking should I cut shorter my hair, feel like the sides are getting a little too long. But I want to keep it long. How???


The damn Post Office and Bank is so packed!! Queued like 20 mins at the Post Office and 45 mins at the Bank. But at least manage to get my things done, changed my atm card and applied my Internet Banking account. Can't wait to receive it soon!!


After that headed back home, and prepared me and Tyler for the night.


Here is Tyler's attire for the night...

 

 

In the end decided to tuck out for him, cause he looks better that way...


 

Right??


In the cab on the way there...

 


Didn't take much pictures there, because the ballroom is so so damn dark!!!! And if I use flash, the pics look damn off. Or maybe I should blame it on the fact that I need a better camera!! Any sponsers??


An example using the flash

 


And without...

 

 

So dark right?? 


Guess they're trying to create the romantic atmosphere but it was really way too dim!! And it doesn't help that the table cloths are all black. 


Snapshot of me and Tyler

 


Didn't bother to take anymore because I don't like to use the flash too much. Especially on little Tyler.


When we reached there at first, everyone was waiting outside the ballroom. There was like appetitzers and drinks outside but it was damn hot as hell!!! And the dinner was suppose to start at 730pm but it was only around 8pm that we were able to go in and take our seats. Which I feel is a damn bad arrangment cause there are people who is probably tired of standing and just needs a damn seat. When my aunt got married, she had this arrangement too, but the difference is that, the doors are open so guests could get a seat if they want to.


The ballroom was nice, but a little too dim really. Food and everything else was ok. 


Was there with my Godma, and basically she was trying to stuff everything into Tyler's mouth. Chocolate, Tea... And I was kinda pissed off cause I don't allow Tyler to take such things. But then I try to be nice and keep quiet. It was only when she attempted to give him tea time and time again that I insisted that she stop giving him.


Basically tea is not good for baby because of the caffine inside. 


Anyway, after that I make Tyler sleep, so that they won't try to feed him any further. And during that, he pee on my dress!! Well, cause his diaper shifted and all the pee landed on my dress. Yeah, stinky me during a wedding dinner.


And this auntie was sitting beside me, keep complaining the food is not nice, the butler service that they had was so extra. Butler service means the waiter or waitress will divide the food into individual plates for you. Old people, they prefer to take the food themselves, keep thinking whether is the host trying to save money want to divide first then give them. Did they even realise that butler service is much more expensive?? 


After the dinner, came back home and was telling Gordan about this. Came to the conclusion that no point doing such a lavish wedding dinner when people don't even appreciate it. $800, $1000 a table people still complain, so why not just get $500 a table can liao? Since either way they won't be happy about it. But then even better, don't invite those extra people!! Have people who really wants to be there to witness your happiest day.


That's why for our wedding, I'm not going to invite all the A-Zs on my phonebook. Only selective ones who has always been there for me. Not too many people, not too lavish, but at least I know I'm spending my happiest day with the people who really care and love me.


By the way, date has been shift to 2011. Don't remember if I've said this before but anyway cause next year is used to complete the divorce thingy and get the cert. And I don't want it to be too rush too. Now just have to hope for Gordan's proposal to happen. Hahaha... 


I'm having a super packed day tomorrow. Heading to KK to get my pay cheque for that few days, and going to Bugis later on to pass Yanting the clothes that she bought from me. Then after that probably shop around a bit. Then go back home and bring Tyler over to my Grandma's place to spend a peaceful New Year's Eve.


Need more programmes lately, anybody, ask me out please!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!! Subject to my approval!