Aug 21, 2008

Forgive + Forget = Happiness



Sometimes in life we tend to face confrontation or quarrels with other people. When we're young, we quarrel with our best friend over toys and ended up saying, "I don't friend you liao." But comes to the next day, we would STILL be going off to play together. Of course, when a person grows up, things become much complicated. Some quarrels DON'T solve themselves overnight. And because of that usually we make more enemies than friends.


Seriously, if everyone was able to let go of the anger, the hatred then won't the world be a better place??


I've had my own share of things that I weren't able to let go of before. Like how I once hated Phillip so much for him taking the baby. By the way, Phillip is my ex-husband. But after sometime I began to THINK about our relationship before. Both of us were at fault and that caused our marriage to FAIL. We were too young that time thus a lot of things said and done is mostly in a fit of anger. But what is done cannot be undo liao... But realising that, it sort of bring a release to me because I know that I no longer will hate him anymore.


Its tired hating someone, you know. We only have that many years to live, why make it so hard for ourselves and be so full of anger? Its better to have more friends than foes right?


Maybe you may feel that, you don't have any fault why should you be the one to give in? If that person is fucked up, and he or she doesn't realise his or her mistake, then just HACK CARE about them. Treat it as you never knew the person. But if that person is willing to apologise to you, admit his or her mistake, then why not give that person a chance?


Having hatred is only a form of torture for yourself. Sometimes letting go ain't that bad.



To be able to forgive and forget is the first step towards gaining happiness.



I wish all of you happiness, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome!! Subject to my approval!